1640 S. Blue Island
(few blocks south of Roosevelt, few blocks west of Racine)
Saturday, July 19th - 10am
We'll be talking about (drumroll please..):
- Outreach at the upcoming Coldplay concert
- Other neighborhood street festivals
- Upcoming release of Sisters on the Planet documentary (with a sneak preview!)
- House Parties and an Oxfam Summer Social for late August
- Updates about climate change and Congress, recent contact with Sen. Durbin's office and other local political opportunities
- And finally... we'll be taking Obama up on his offer to help create the platform for the Democratic Party! (We'll also be submitting it to the Republican National Convention committee.)
Stop by to hear more about what's going on with Oxfam Action Corps here in Chicago! It's a busy summer, come be a part of the movement! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're coming on the CTA:
Take the pink/blue line to the 18th St. stop, walk east (left out the doors) on 18th St. to the intersection of Loomis/Blue Island/18th - follow the diagonal just past the McDonald's. It's about 10-15 minutes from the loop/downtown area.
Hope to see you there!