Chicago Action Corps meets on the Third Thursday of each month.
We seek to inform others on the issues and connect them with avenues to ask policymakers to support change by:
- Delivering presentations at schools, colleges, and churches.
- Holding monthly meetings.
- Connecting with concert-goers with our information and action tables.
- Sending action alerts and volunteer opportunities by e-mail.
- Participating in festivals and conferences.
- Posting updates on the web.
- Visiting visiting elected officials and their staff members.
- Organizing rallies and vigils.
- Letter writing and petitions.
Oxfam Action Corps Chicago's mission is to inform, inspire, and mobilize public support for policies to end hunger, poverty, and social injustice through grassroots action.
Who We Are
Action Corps is 100% volunteer-driven with its efforts supported by Oxfam America. Action Corps volunteers come from all backgrounds: students, teachers, community organizers, recent grads, nurses, even small business people. Some volunteers put in an hour or two a month, others put in an hour or two a day. Everyone is welcomed to get involved at any level — the only requisite is enthusiasm and a passion to help the world’s poor.
We're bringing attention to the impact of climate change on the world's poor. Our current campaign is advocating for reform in the way the U.S. government and U.S. corporations treat the issue of food justice. We're always ready and willing to participate in events related to lasting solutions to poverty and injustice, including fair trade, refugees and effective foreign aid.
Thinking about getting involved? Tips on events that we shouldn't miss? Need a speaker for a program? Other questions? Don't hesitate to get in touch.