Want to be an Active Advocate?

Want to be an Active Advocate? Join an Event Committee or become a Lead. Get involved! Email us at Chicago@OxfamActionCorps.org

10/10/12

Are You Hangry??

Last Week We gathered on the shore of Lake Michigan to talk about what it meant to Be "HANGRY".      We had some good food (Using the Grow Method of course) We hung out with friends and family, and we made some (might I say awesome) T-shirts.    Fun was had by all.     

I know what you are thinking.   What is HANGRY.     I was first introduced to the word last year.   Basically it is a merger of hungry and angry.  It is usually used to describe the feeling you have when you haven't eaten in a while and you start getting a little grumpy because your blood sugar is low and your body is telling you to go find some food.   I really like this word and it is fun to use, but after playing with the definition of hungry and angry I came up with this definition 

han-gry adj: 1. a feeling of displeasure or hostility caused by a need for food: 2. hunger causing a negative change in emotion; 3. anger due to lack of fertility


This is the precise definition of the world today.   So I guess I am Hangry.   What about you?

No comments:

First Person: Voices, video, and photos from Oxfam's fight against poverty